Our adoption process:
1. Completing an Adoption Application - We screen potential adopters very carefully in order to find the best possible match for both you and our foster dogs. All adoptions are expected to be lifetime commitment! You must be at least 21 years of age to apply for adoption. We require that you complete the entire application. If your application is not complete, it will not be processed. This includes references.
2. Veterinarian and Personal Reference Check - All pets in your home MUST be up to date on all vaccinations, receive heartworm preventive, and MUST be spayed/neutered. Once your references are checked, a volunteer will contact you to schedule a home visit (may be a virtual visit).
3. Home Visit - The purpose of the home visit is to inspect the surroundings in which our foster dogs will live, meet all household family members, address any major concerns, and get to know you better. (We are not at your home to pass judgment on your housekeeping skills.)
4. Adoption Fee - Our adoption fee is based on the age and health of our dogs. We will not negotiate adoption fees. This is not a "sale" but a fee that enables us to continue to help more dogs in the future. Our adoption fee is non-refundable and applicable MN sales tax will be added at the time of adoption Your adoption fee covers:
• Physical veterinarian exam
•Heartworm Test and preventative meds (first round)
•Fecal Test and any necessary worming
•Microchip implant and registration
•Any other treatment deemed necessary by our vet
As you can see, our adoption fee covers numerous expenses. We will provide copies of all services rendered while the dog has been in rescue. We will disclose all known behaviors, health or emotional issues prior to adoption.
5. Finalizing the adoption - Humble Hounds MN will go over and provide you with copies of:
•Complete signed adoption agreement
•spay/neuter contract (if applicable)
•2 week shut down contract
•all vet and shelter records
After going over all adoption paperwork, HHMN will collect the full adoption fee, including all applicable MN Sales Tax. You must pay adoption fee and tax with cash, check ,money order, Venmo or PayPal.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Adoption Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
To start your application now, click on the application link. Online Adoption Application